7.21.2008

life is fun!!!

well, i have to say that having twins around is pretty cool. all the cuteness that comes with one is doubled. of course, the hard times are doubled as well, but i try not to think about it. it only has been really bad when we are trying to get to church. but, in a few weeks, when nate goes back to work, i'm sure the bad moments will be pretty much 24-7. again, i try not to think about it.

here are a bunch of random pics--not necessairly in order b/c i'm too lazy to organize them and i spent at least 3 hrs yesterday going through our pics that i haven't dealt with since last august.

feeding two babies has to be creative at times--this is nate's innovation.


we took all the kids to the drive-in to see wall-e, and this is how they looked once we got home. it was a great movie, but we needed one more adult or one less child (not mentioning any names, liam).

just liam and seth being silly. these kids really do feed off each other. sometimes it's cute

katya blowing out her candles--just turned the big 5!!! happy birthday princess (which, by the way, it was liam calls her-"sinsess" and he calls himself "ye-um")


gotta love liam not caring about being a princess. the kids love dressing up and making stories with their random characters.


here are the boys in their thing 1 and thing 2 outfits (courtesy of grandma amy). caleb is on the left, adam on the right. adam is bigger by about a pound (as of 2 weeks ago), but they are both the same length. i think they are becoming more more distinct.


my great friend emily came down with her girls for a quick visit. it was so great to hang out, even though i slept and she had to take care of babies and all. we did get out for the morning (or sweltering heat) and had some fun, so it wasn't a total waste. i keep looking forward to when the twins are older and we can really get out and have some fun. just remember--we love company!

this one is caleb

this one is adam
me with both of them--it's really kinda fun and fulfilling to hold both at the same time--and to take naps together!


nate with the boys--this is from a while ago--luckily they don't mind being too close together (although now that they are starting to move around more, they sure to bonk each other a lot. it's really funny when a tries to eat b b/c b's fist got too close to a's mouth!)

nate has been really great at helping and getting stuff done while on his leave. i don't know what i'm going to do when he has to go back to work and it's all on me again. he thinks that it's worth it to have another baby just so he can get his 6 weeks off again. me, i'm not so sure about that.

so, for the next few weeks, we'll just keep hanging out--with swimming lessons, soccer camp, lesson time, fixing/cleaning the house, appointments, movies, outtings for mom and praying that the twins keep upping their hours of straight sleep at night. what a blessing life is!

7 comments:

Melissa Rozeski said...

I can't believe how much is going on with you guys!!! I feel so behind and I've only been gone a few months. I'm so glad Nate gets such a long break, hopefully you will get enough rest so you are ready for solo mom of 6!!! Let's hear it for school!

always loven life said...

I just found your blog. I love you pictures! Here's to craziness and more posts. I would love to help when you go solo. call me

Anne said...

Wow congrats on the twins! You all look so fantastic. Just when I thought I was catching up with you, kid wise you go and have twins. I'm so jealous, just think of the matching outfit possibilities.

Dacia said...

I don't think I would call it cool - I AM IMPRESSED!!! I am also envious of your visit with Emily - FUN TIMES!!! We need to get that way sometime and visit too. School starts in one week so things will have to slow down here but sometime - CUTE KIDS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Boyce family! I love all the pictures. And here is a tip on feeding two babies at once. Put them in their car seats and use a blanket to prop up their bottle. That worked wonders for us! Good Luck! Angie

jenn goodman said...

Hey Kim,
I can't believe your sweet family has grown soo much! The kiddos are getting so big!

Congrats on the twins, they are so adorable!

You're one amazing mom!

Candi Criddle said...

Hah! I have found your blog, there is no getting away from me now, I've added it to my reader. I have a blog too, it's in my facebook info, however mine is only 33% as interesting as yours is since I only have two progeny.