1.19.2009

good craziness

wow--amazing how time flies! here are some things that we have been up to--

1. mainly just trying to survive and figuring out how to juggle everything (not that i have as much extra stuff as most people--just trying to really get back in the swing of things). i think i'm getting it down. except for this past week, when i added potty training liam into the mix. what was i thinking! i mean, it takes me at least 3 days to get any decent-sized project (and sometimes pathetically less-than-decent-sized) done! i keep telling myself "someday it will all be worth it." will it?

2. crafts--yes! i am finally to the point where i SOMETIMES don't stress about letting the kids do craft time.

katya's own version of santa and his reindeer.

although that doesn't stop me from doing my own....

i figure since we are "done", i can finally make everyone their own individualized stocking.

3. christmas--complete with a leaning and not-very-full tree. had a blast with the kiddos this year. i've decided that one reason i love real christmas trees are because until i empty out the vacuum cleaner bag, every time i turn on the vacuum, it smells like pine needles. what a great way to make a chore pleasant!


4. (notice how this is entirely not even close to being in order) thanksgiving--had to cook it all by myself for the first time ever--turned out pretty good.

5. gingerbread houses--man, i love this tradition! had our neighbors and some old friends over to help make a bigger and more sugary mess! it was great! another thing that just gets better as the kids get older.




6. visiting my fam in tennessee--too bad we were all sick most of the time. man, we have never had it that bad. luckily, we had some help to get us through. (i think they were glad to have some peace and quiet back though--8 people invading your house is not an easy thing to adapt to!)

here's grandpa helping caleb learn how to eat graham crackers.

7. crawling babies--yes, they are now on the go! adam has been "army crawling" for a while now, and caleb really started moving right before christmas and adam figured out the real way shortly thereafter. now, they are trying to figure out the step from our kitchen to family room, and how to stand up on things like the fireplace and whatever they think they can reach! yes, they've both fallen down the stairs and we are all trying to be better about watching them. they sure get in to a lot of funny situtions!


caleb asleep under the piano


and adam takes the lead...


nap time--good time

8. seth's 4th bday. had a blast, except now he keeps telling me everything he wants for his birthday. dude, not even CLOSE to thinking about that yet.

9. random shots of the kids
somehow, wearing mommy and daddy shoes make you one. i sometimes wish it were that easy to turn off!



yeah, that's katya



5 comments:

Diagnose Rachel said...

YES!!!! A post from KIM!Monday blues are gone with this. I can't believe you went all the way home with 6 kids for Christmas! hmmm...maybe that's the REAL reason my parents moved to a 1 bedroom apartment. This "learn czech to get ready for missions" is a whole mask. They just don't want us bringing our kids home!

Thanks for the long post and lots of photos. I'm so happy for you guys, and glad to see that you do have some fun even with being the mom of 6 tiny ones.

Did you hear, Sam found a girl! he's getting married this summer in Utah.

Holly said...

wow is all I can say. I was never as busy as you! Everyone looks great.

Kim said...

Kim! It looks like you had wonderful Christmas. I love the stockings!

Myra said...

Kim, I'm so glad you have a blog. It's my favorite way of peeking into other people's lives! My mom says I'm crazy, but I'm totally jealous that you ended with twins. I would LOVE it. I want two more, but I don't want to be prego two more times. Here's to hoping I follow in your footsteps.

Emily said...

What a fun post! I loved reading it and hearing from you today. We must find a time to get together again. I loved the picture of Caleb asleep under the piano and Caleb and Adam asleep next to each other. They are so cute. I would love having twins too! :) So, you are done, huh?