7.03.2009

catching up...journal style

yep, so it's been months. every week, i think i should post, but i don't and things just keep popping up. so, here's a quick summary--in pics, with as few details as possible.

um...except for the remodeling we did. thanks to mom b for pushing us to do the impossible in such a short time span--tearing down wall paper and repainting the upstairs stairwell and hallway as well as the living room. they look great. until recently, b/c of that, we only had our master bed/bath left. but, more on that later.

hey--so this is chronologically backwards (for the most part). have fun looking...
SHOUT HURRAH FOR INDEPENCY!



j's baseball game. he loved playing. not good at action photos... k and s after soccer season. k finally had fun, but s just liked doing his 'cool moves' and wanted to sit down


me and k before our date to see a cinderella ballet. it was fun and so cute to see her and all the other girls who had come dressed up. (by the way, the dress is one i used to wear.)


um..yeah, they like to make messes. they find new stuff every day to get into...


adam is definitely the climber, but he shows caleb a thing or too. adam still doesn't walk consistently, but is getting better. he can wave, though. i still never get tired of sleeping pics of them


BIRTHDAYS...nate turned 31 on june 13, 'uncle david' turned 27, liam turned 3 on may 19, and the twins turned 1 on may 26. all we have are lame pics b/c we get a lot with the video camera. but, let's face it, these older boys weren't going to take a nice picture if their lives depended on it! we ended up celebrating half-way inbetween the little boys' birthdays--b/c i know the twins aren't going to care!





this is our lovely garden. yes, the sugar snap peas are bigger than the kids and almost taller than me. we got a few big bowls full of peas (my favorite), some spinach. we also have lots of good herbs and the other vegetables are starting to come out. it's so rewarding to put a little seed in the ground and have it sprout to food!

yes, katya really did fall asleep outside like this!


k and j with some of their artwork that was at the big art show for the school system.


liam 'hunting' eggs and the kids being silly.
yeah, so this is our basement after a lovely incident with a blocked major sewer drain. well, the water (if you can call it that0 had to go somewhere!) we've remodeled and/or hung new drywall for 3 times, and now it's time to go again. argh! luckily, we didn't have to get rid of too many things. thank goodness the kids had recently cleaned up their toys, or we would be taking lots of trips to the toy store. no, scratch that. nate would be taking lots of trips to goodwill and garage sales. but, as it goes, i get to live with them all in my family room for now. and i doubt it will be finished by september. oh man! they should pay me for losing my sanity during this whole ordeal!
yep, so that's kinda it in a nutshell. feel free to tune in next time when we explore how the kids manage to stay alive even though they haven't done their chores all day...!

7 comments:

Angie said...

I love all the pictures, especially the ones of the twins. I didn't have the boys sleep together, but after seeing your pics, I wish I would have.

How was the Cinderella ballet, we talked about taking Emma to that also but didn't make it.

Catie said...

I LOVE to see pics of your family and be inspired by how you do so much with your kids. You never cease to amaze me. I really hope we get to play games again one day after all the kids go to bed and laugh and catch up. We love you guys. Your kids are darling as usual and I loved the picture of K. out on the swing, alseep, dressed up in princess clothes. She and Mary would be two peas in a pod! xoxo to everyone!

KATIE said...

As I was looking at this post I realized...every single one of my old roommates have kids but me...and I think I'm ok with that for now. You by far have the most. Although, I was tempted by the picture of your twins sleeping and maybe the one of your daughter asleep on the swingset (both sleeping pictures...hmm..) they made me want kids, but until then I am not ready to share the peas in my garden. I don't know how you do it. You're amazing.

Unknown said...

You constantly amaze me Kim. How lucky I am to have a friend like you. That is, if you will still be my friend after I've ditched B-ball so many times. Please, oh please won't you be my friend!!!!

Christin said...

I am so glad your family is doing well. The kids are growing so much. Oh Kim, I am so sorry about your basement. That is terrible. You guys are the best fix it people I know though. Good luck with everything and keep enjoying the summer!

Emily said...

The sleeping pics of Caleb and Adam are precious! Do they really sleep in the same crib every night and for naps? Too cute. Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

great share, great article, very usefull for me...thank

you